Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, July 23, 2007

Salt Water Fishing

I've never seen anyone so intense!

By this point I thought my arms would fall off if I cast my line out one more time!

A Perfect Saturday!
Jason and I drove down to Emerald Isle on Saturday. We thought it would be nice and relaxing to sit and fish all day. We slept in by accident, then it took us forever to get all our equipment set up and a good place to fish. I thought we were never going to get a chance to fish, but finally we settled on a little fishing spot in Swansboro. It was quiet and peaceful, but our lines were constantly getting caught on something and breaking. A local newspaper photographer snapped our picture while we were fishing and took our names to feature us in an article for Sunday (I'm trying to get a copy so I can share it with everyone). We finally got fed up with trying to fight whatever was stealing our lines and moved to the Bogue Inlet Pier. We still didn't catch a ton of fish but we didn't have anymore snaggs! Jason caught the largest fish we had seen anyone else catch on the pier, but it broke the line before he could get it up. It was fun and the weather was beautiful!
Picture Perfect

Here we are, the Fishermen!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cool!! I'm so jealous, but I definitely would have jumped in the darn water! Get a copy of that newspaper article! I want to see it! Love ya, Ena